Nuna 2018 MIXX2 Stroller & 2019 PIPA Car Seat Travel System
Traveling in style just got a whole lot easier! Nuna has put two of its most popular and highly regarded products together into one convenient travel system. The 2018 MIXX2 Stroller and the 2019 PIPA Infant Car Seat are now a perfect match!
What's Included with the MIXX2 Travel System?
Nuna 2018 Mixx2 stroller with:
- Nuna's 2 years' manufacturer's warranty from defects from date of purchase
- Nuna MIXX Rain Cover
- Adapters with the Nuna PIPA™ infant car seat
- Chrome and black all-terrain wheels
- Stroller arm bar
2019 PIPA Car Seat with:
- Nuna's 1 year's manufacturer's warranty from defects from date of purchase
- PIPA Car Seat Base with steel-enforced stability load leg
- PIPA Dream Drape™ (included with "PIPA" and "PIPA Lite LX" models only, not included with "PIPA Lite")
- Infant Insert, Shoulder Cover and Seat Pad (2 infant inserts included with "PIPA Lite" and "PIPA Lite LX" models)
- Comprehensive PIPA Car Seat installation guide and "car seat latch" guides
2018 MIXX2 Stroller Details:
One of the most versatile and stylish everyday baby strollers to ever hit the sidewalk just got better! Introducing the new Nuna MIXX2. As durable and as flexible as ever, the MIXX2 has taken Nuna’s already sleek European style to the next level with a luxurious package of upgrades including premium fabrics, leather-look accents and chrome wheels, to name just a few. The new MIXX2 boasts the following:
Stroller At A Glance:
- New leather-like handlebar and belly bar have the look of hand-sewn leather
- Chrome-and-black wheels
- Smart-and-stately dark matte frame
- Cotton blend fabric that is both cleverly chic and comfy for baby
- Twice as nice canopy thanks to the underside's double quilted stitch work
- Larger Front wheels measure at 7.5" providing additional stability and comfort
- Basket is now the same material as the canopy
- The Nuna MIXX2 includes car seat adapters compatible with the Nuna PIPA™ infant car seat, allowing you to create an easy-to-use travel system. The travel system along with the rear and forward-facing seat options provide three modes of use from newborn stage straight through toddlerhood
- The wheels on the Nuna MIXX2 have a new stylish black-and-chrome look and the front wheels are now larger in diameter (7.5”). Along with the tough, foam-filled rear tires and a one-touch rear-wheel breaking system, the Nuna MIXX2 is strong and responsive and ready to tackle any terrain in style.
- The Nuna MIXX2 folds easily and compactly with a quick-click lock that automatically keeps it from unfolding while you lift, to provide easy loading into the car or storage bin. It also converts easily into trolley form like a rolling suitcase, making it easy to fold, grab and go!
- Opening the Nuna MIXX2 is a snap with a design that allows you to easily unfold the stroller with one hand, making set up and go as simple as ever.
- The one-hand, five position plush knit stroller seat allows for easy adjustments as well as a full recline. The adjustable calf support with integrated footrest allows for plenty of space for the little one to sleep or stretch.
- The Nuna MIXX2 boasts an oversized, protective UPF 50+ canopy with removable, flip out eyeshade and integrated mesh panels to promote air flow while keeping baby cool and protected
- The oversized storage basket with compartment divider for stashing swag is a huge convenience with plenty of space to store everything needed for short strolls to longer trips out and about town
- The three or five point anti-loop, harness featuring quick click release button provides ultimate safety as does the removable arm bar that conveniently fits kids of all sizes
- Recommended use: birth to 50 lbs.
- Product: h 44.3 x w 23.4 x l 33.5 in
- Product (folded): h 16 x w 23.6 x l 35.8 in
- Product weight: 26.8 lbs. (weight does not include canopy or arm bar)
2019 PIPA Series Car Seat Details:
Nuna has long been known for their thoughtful solutions and clever designs. The growing family of Nuna PIPA Infant Car Seats is no exception. As one of the most popular and well-designed car seats ever, the Nuna PIPA has been a game-changer in terms of car seat technology and innovative design. With the introduction of the new PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX to the family, Nuna has raised the bar yet again.
A comparison of the Nuna PIPA, PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX car seats:
- One difference between the seats is the weight. Of course, a lighter seat is always more desirable, all things being equal. Nuna PIPA weighs 7.9 lbs., the PIPA Lite weighs 5.3 lbs. and is the lightest of the three options, and the Nuna PIPA Lite LX weighs 5.7 lbs. This weight does not include the canopy or the infant insert.
- Outside of weight, perhaps the next most important difference is that the Nuna PIPA may be installed and used without the car seat base. In fact, the PIPA is FAA approved with and without the base. The PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX models, by nature of being much lighter car seats, are always installed and used with the base. Due to this and depending on your lifestyle and where you live, this might be a major plus for you for the Nuna PIPA car seat. For customers who live in busy metropolitan cities where you might expect to take taxicabs more often than not, or if you expect to travel with baby by air in the first 1+ year, you may consider the Nuna PIPA for the convenience of being able to install the car seat without the base. If these details are not as relevant to your lifestyle, than the lighter versions - the PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX - would be more desirable.
- Nuna PIPA and PIPA Lite LX have a built-in "Dream Drape", which is an expandable fabric hidden inside the car seat's canopy for added sunshade. The Nuna PIPA Lite does not have the Dream Drape as it's meant to be a super light seat at 5.3 lbs.
- The Nuna PIPA Lite LX is made with premium merino wool fabric and Tencel. The Nuna PIPA and Nuna PIPA Lite are made with beautifully soft knit fabrics.
- Lastly and as a bonus, the Nuna PIPA Lite and Nuna PIPA LX include an additional infant insert that's made of 100% organic cotton, with a beautiful diamond-stitched pattern in a soft, light grey fabric. If you really loved this option of the organic cotton insert, you may also add it to the Nuna PIPA car seat for $29.95.
- The priced for the three seats are $299.95 for the Nuna PIPA, $349.95 for the Nuna PIPA Lite and $399.95 for the Nuna PIPA Lite LX.
Enhancements in the 2019 Nuna PIPA Car Seat series:
- FR Chemical Free Fabric. In this new 2019 release, the Nuna PIPA car seats in all options include fabric that is FR chemical free. In 2018, the PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX benefited from this feature, and with this new release, all options including the regular PIPA line will include fabric that is FR chemical free. This is very much a welcomed change in the baby gear community and more importantly, for parents.
- Luxe Brown Leatherette Handles. Most of the PIPA colors across all three models will receive beautifully warm-toned brown leatherette handles. Additionally, in the PIPA Lite LX line, there are three options with a similar leatherette handle, in black.
- New Colors. Various light and grey-ish neutral tones have been added to the 2019 PIPA collection which, combined with black or brown leatherette handles, makes for one stylish yet understated car seat design. These new PIPA colors are so complementary of the Nuna strollers, you may mix and match them any number of ways with the Nuna strollers to form one complete stroller/car seat travel system.
We also carry these Nuna PIPA Series accessories:
- Nuna PIPA Rain Cover
- Nuna PIPA Organic Cotton Infant Insert with shoulder covers and seat pad
- Nuna PIPA Car Seat base - separate base for a second or third car in the family
- Nuna Universal Travel Bag - a luggage-grade travel bag with wheels, fits almost all Nuna products including the Nuna PIPA car seat with base
- Nuna PIPA adapter for UPPAbaby Vista and Cruz 2015 and newer models
- UPPAbaby adapter for Maxi-Cosi, Nuna PIPA and Cybex
- Nuna PIPA adapter for Bugaboo Cameleon 3 strollers, 2015 and newer models
- Nuna PIPA adapter for BOB single strollers, 2016 and newer models
- Nuna PIPA car seat latch guides (a pair of latch guides are included with the car seat as well)
- Nuna PIPA:
- Shipping dimensions: 28.7 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 26.1"H x 25.1"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 21.4 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 7.9 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)
- Nuna PIPA Lite:
- Shipping dimensions: 28.8 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 22.5"H x 27.25"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 19.3 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 5.3 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)
- Nuna PIPA Lite LX:
- Shipping dimensions: 30.5 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 22.5"H x 27.25"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 19.7 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 5.7 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)