The 2020 Nuna TRIV stroller + PIPA car seat combine to make the ultimate all-in-one urban stroller travel system, ideal for everyday city living and traveling families. In classy neutral colors and brown leatherette handles, the Nuna TRIV Travel System provides comprehensive strolling functionality: a compact stroller with multiple recline positions, parent and forward facing seating direction, seamless car seat/stroller functionality, and a light and compact fold for lifting and transporting the stroller.
Nuna TRIV Stroller Features -
Lightweight, Compact One-Hand Fold. The Nuna TRIV is designed compact and lightweight enough to make folding, lifting, storing and transporting the stroller easy and practical on an everyday basis, whether you are traveling in a small car, taking a cab or riding the train.
All-Season Seat with Merino Wool Insert. As with other Nuna strollers, the Nuna TRIV has the much beloved all-season stroller seat. The TRIV seat has a removable merino wool padded insert that's comfortable and soft to the touch for baby, and underneath the insert is a breezy all-mesh summer seat. Use the summer seat to keep baby cool and comfortable during those hot summer months!
Foldable Ring Adapter and Compatibility with Nuna PIPA Car Seat. The Ring Adapter allows you to use the Nuna PIPA series car seat with the TRIV stroller. Ring Adapters are common to Nuna strollers, however, this new, foldable ring adapter included with the Nuna TRIV is no short of amazing! Due to its foldable ring adapter, the TRIV folds seamlessly in half and becomes a compact, travel-friendly and urban-friendly stroller, ideal for city sidewalks as well as trains, taxis and public transportation. To place the PIPA car seat on the TRIV, simply place the ring adapter on the stroller and set the car seat onto the adapter. To fold the stroller, remove the car seat, pull the leatherette tab on the ring adapter and voila, the stroller folds in half!
Standing Fold. This is a new feature to Nuna strollers. The Nuna TRIV has a standing fold, making for an efficient footprint of the stroller in its folded position. This is great when you fold the stroller and set it aside, such as in a restaurant, in the entryway of your home or at grandmother's house.
Forward-Facing and Parent-Facing Seat, in use and folded! The Nuna TRIV has a stroller seat that faces the parent and faces forward (also called world-facing). This gives you and your child the flexibility to change positions depending on the child's mood, or level of alertness and curiosity during each stroller. Additionally, regardless of which position the stroller seat is in, you may still seamlessly and compactly fold the TRIV with the seat on.
All-Wheel Suspension + Additional Spring Suspension Under Seat. It's unusual for a stroller of this size to have all-wheel suspension, even for specialty stroller brands. The Nuna TRIV is made with all-wheel suspension and an additional spring suspension under the stroller seat. This comprehensive suspension design throughout the stroller gives the TRIV a smoother and comfortable ride for Baby, and is especially helpful on bumps, cobblestones, and old streets in the city and during travels.
Lockable Front Wheel. If you find yourself on even bumpier roads, the front wheels of the Nuna TRIV are lockable, allowing you the wheels to stroll in a straight line and giving you more control on bumpier roads. Simply pull the front swivel lock up to lock the front wheel, and push down to unlock.
UPF 50+ Extendable Canopy w/ Ample Ventilation. The Canopy is designed with a dual-panel extension. Simply unzip the canopy and reveal the extension for better, bigger sun coverage. There are two ventilation windows built into the extendable portion of the canopy for increased air flow for Baby, one on each side of the canopy. And lastly, the canopy has an additional flip-out eyeshade for more coverage, as well as a flip-out window built in for even more ventilation and a quiet peek-a-boo at baby.
One-Handed Recline. The Nuna TRIV stroller seat is designed with an easy one-handed recline. Simply pull the recline latch and adjust the seat forward or backward to Baby's liking. Usually compact strollers tend to have a manual seat recline, and this one-handed recline is easier to use on-the-go.The stroller seat has a 3 position recline for upright, resting and in-between.
No-rethread harness. The Nuna TRIV is made with a five-point no rethread harness such that when you go to adjust the harness height for your growing Baby, the harness adjustment is built directly and easily on the stroller seat - simply move the harness adjuster up to achieve the next harness height position. Gone are the days of removing the complete stroller seat to rethread the harness and this is certainly a welcomed feature! Additionally, the harness is designed with quick release features for parent's ease, and the option to later transition to a three-point harness.
One-Handed Calf Support Adjustment. The stroller seat has a built-in calf support that's adjustable with one hand. This comes into play when the child is sleeping and would like to keep their legs level for a more comfortable position or inversely, if the child is alert and sitting upright and would like to keep their calves and legs in a more vertical position.
Large, Easy-Access Stroller Basket. The Nuna TRIV stroller basket is sizable, delivering best of both worlds in a compact stroller with a uniquely large stroller basket. The basket is designed easily accessible by parent, with an additional zippered privacy compartment for personal items.
Leatherette Styling and Height-Adjustable Handlebar. All colors of the TRIV stroller are designed with leatherette styling on the stroller's handlebar and push bar. The light brown leatherette styling complements the TRIV's neutral color options, creating an all-around complete, luxe appearance. The handlebar is height adjustable with 5 handle height positions, for a comfortable and posture-friendly strolling position for parents and grandparents of varying heights.
Included Rain Cover. The TRIV comes with an included rain cover that is made to fit the stroller, protecting your child from rain and elements during strolls.
Rubber Tires and One-Touch Brake. The stroller's rubber tires, along with its all-wheel suspension, create a smooth and comfortable ride for the child. The one-touch brake makes stop and go easy, and is even open-toe friendly for Mom and Dad!
Nuna TRIV Colors:
- CAVIAR. A unique dark greyish black color with brown leatherette handles
- FROST. Light, cool-toned grey with brown leatherette handles
What's Included with the Nuna TRIV:
- Complete stroller system
- Foldable TRIV Ring Adapter for Nuna PIPA Car Seat
- Stroller Rain Cover
- Nuna Universal Travel Bag
- Nuna PIPA Series car seat - includes the Nuna PIPA, Nuna PIPA Lite and Nuna PIPA Lite LX
- Nuna TRIV Stroller weight: 19.4 lbs. (excludes armbar, insert and canopy)
- Stroller frame only + ring adapter weight: 14.6 lbs. (this is relevant when you are traveling with just the stroller frame, ring adapter and car seat)
- Manufacturer's Recommended use: up to 50 lbs. and 45". When using the stroller frame with the PIPA series infant car seat carrier, refer to the child usage requirements in the PIPA car seat's instruction manual.
- Shipping dimensions: 31.5 lbs., 27.2"H x 21.3"L x 15.2"W
- Open product dimensions: 42-43.5"H x 30.5-34.5"L x 20"W
- Folded product dimensions: 17.5"H x 25.3"L x 21"W
- Wheel size: 7" front, 7.5" rear
- Storage basket maximum capacity: 10 lbs. (1 lb. in storage pocket)
- Refer to the Nuna TRIV instruction manual and the care label attached to the fabric for washing and drying instructions
- Clean the frame, plastic parts and fabric with a damp cloth, do not use abrasives or bleach. Do not use silicon lubricants as they will attract dirt and grime. Do not store stroller in a damp place.
- Clean the stroller wheels regularly with water and remove any dirt.
- Wipe off the product with a soft, absorbent cloth after using it in rainy weather.
- Wash fabric in cold water, delicate cycle. Do not bleach. Drip dry. Do not tumble dry, do not iron, do not dry clean.
NUNA PIPA CAR SEATS (including PIPA, PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX):
The Nuna PIPA car seat continues Nuna's heritage of producing baby gear with a conscious awareness for the quality of ingredients used. The PIPA car seat series includes three types of car seats - the Nuna PIPA, the PIPA Lite and the PIPA Lite LX. All three car seats have the same exact car seat base, the car seat carriers, however, differ by weight and functionality. Read on for a full comparison of all three car seats.
A comparison of the Nuna PIPA, PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX car seats:
- One difference between the seats is the weight. Of course, a lighter seat is always more desirable, all things being equal. Nuna PIPA weighs 7.9 lbs., the PIPA Lite weighs 5.3 lbs. and is the lightest of the three options, and the Nuna PIPA Lite LX weighs 5.7 lbs. This weight does not include the canopy or the infant insert.
- Outside of weight, perhaps the next most important difference is that the Nuna PIPA may be installed and used without the car seat base. In fact, the PIPA is FAA approved with and without the base. The PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX models, by nature of being much lighter car seats, are always installed and used with the base. Due to this and depending on your lifestyle and where you live, this might be a major plus for you for the Nuna PIPA car seat. For customers who live in busy metropolitan cities where you might expect to take taxicabs more often than not, or if you expect to travel with baby by air in the first 1+ year, you may consider the Nuna PIPA for the convenience of being able to install the car seat without the base. If these details are not as relevant to your lifestyle, than the lighter versions - the PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX - would be more desirable.
- Nuna PIPA and PIPA Lite LX have a built-in "Dream Drape", which is an expandable fabric hidden inside the car seat's canopy for added sunshade. The Nuna PIPA Lite does not have the Dream Drape as it's meant to be a super light seat at 5.3 lbs.
- The Nuna PIPA Lite LX is made with premium merino wool fabric and Tencel. The Nuna PIPA and Nuna PIPA Lite are made with beautifully soft knit fabrics.
- Lastly and as a bonus, the Nuna PIPA Lite and Nuna PIPA LX include an additional infant insert that's made of 100% organic cotton, with a beautiful diamond-stitched pattern in a soft, light grey fabric. If you really loved this option of the organic cotton insert, you may also add it to the Nuna PIPA car seat for $29.95.
- The priced for the three seats are $299.95 for the Nuna PIPA, $349.95 for the Nuna PIPA Lite and $399.95 for the Nuna PIPA Lite LX.
Enhancements in the Nuna PIPA Car Seat series:
- FR Chemical Free Fabric. In the current Nuna PIPA car seat series, the Nuna PIPA car seats in all options include fabric that is FR chemical free. In previous years' models, the PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX benefited from this feature, and with this new release, all options including the regular PIPA line will include fabric that is FR chemical free. This is very much a welcomed change in the baby gear community and more importantly, for parents.
- Luxe Brown Leatherette Handles. Most of the PIPA colors across all three models will receive beautifully warm-toned brown leatherette handles. Additionally, in the PIPA Lite LX line, there are three options with a similar leatherette handle, in black.
- New Colors. Various light and grey-ish neutral tones have been added to the current PIPA collection which, combined with black or brown leatherette handles, makes for one stylish yet understated car seat design. These new PIPA colors are so complementary of the Nuna strollers, you may mix and match them any number of ways with the Nuna strollers to form one complete stroller/car seat travel system.
The Nuna PIPA Car Seat base (included with all three car seats):
- Since launch in the US market years ago, the Nuna PIPA has really taken the car seat marketplace by storm for a number of reasons. The PIPA offers unique safety and convenience features that are hard to find in US seats, the most important of which is likely its car seat base.
- A product of Dutch design, the PIPA has a steel-enforced stability load leg that fits onto the floor of the car. All things being equal, in the event of an accident, this steel leg helps to keep the car seat's base more stable and less likely to reposition or rebound.
- The PIPA is an ISOFIX car seat that has a rigid latch system. What this means is the latching system of the car seat is built with metal and is therefore more durable and more reliable.
- The car seat base also has installation indicators, located in both the stability leg, on both sides of the base near the latch, and in the middle of the base. The combination of these indicators helps to ensure that the base is installed in a properly level, firm position.
- We also carry the separate PIPA car seat base, if you'd need one for a second car in the family. A second base allows you to have a car seat base installed in each of two cars, and simply transfer the car seat from car to car without having to re-install the seat each time.
- Complete car seat, with canopy and infant insert
- In the case of the PIPA Lite and PIPA Lite LX, a second organic cotton insert is included to use in place of the original insert
- Nuna PIPA Car Seat Base with steel-enforced stability load leg
- Comprehensive PIPA Car Seat installation guide, including latch guides to aide with installation
- Nuna's 1 year manufacturers' limited warranty from defects
Compatibility of the Nuna PIPA Car Seat:
- The Nuna PIPA is compatible with all Nuna strollers, which include the popular Nuna MIXX, as well as the Nuna TAVO, Nuna PEPP, and the Nuna Demi Grow.
- All three PIPA car seats are also compatible with UPPAbaby Vista and Cruz strollers with adapters. Refer to manufacturer's product manuals for specific compatibility criteria and recommended use.
- To combine the Nuna PIPA and a single UPPAbaby Vista or the Cruz, you have a choice in using the "Nuna PIPA adapter for UPPAbaby" (recommended, as this is a ring-style adapter and easier to use) or the "UPPAbaby Upper Adapter for Maxi-Cosi, Nuna and Cybex". This combination works with UPPAbaby strollers that are 2015 and newer.
- To combine the Nuna PIPA and a double UPPAbaby Vista stroller (with two seats), use the "UPPAbaby Upper Adapter for Maxi-Cosi, Nuna and Cybex" in the top position, or the "UPPAbaby Lower Adapter for Maxi-Cosi, Nuna and Cybex" in the lower position. This combination works with UPPAbaby strollers that are 2015 and newer.
- To combine the Nuna PIPA Lite or PIPA Lite LX with UPPAbaby Vista single stroller or the UPPAbaby Cruz, use the adapter "Nuna PIPA Adapter for UPPAbaby". This combination works with UPPAbaby strollers that are 2015 and newer.
- The Nuna PIPA Lite and the PIPA Lite LX are not compatible with the Vista double stroller when using the RumbleSeat.
We also carry these Nuna PIPA Series accessories:
- Nuna PIPA Rain Cover
- Nuna PIPA Organic Cotton Infant Insert with shoulder covers and seat pad
- Nuna PIPA Car Seat base - separate base for a second or third car in the family
- Nuna Universal Travel Bag - a luggage-grade travel bag with wheels, fits almost all Nuna products including the Nuna PIPA car seat with base
- Nuna PIPA adapter for UPPAbaby Vista and Cruz 2015 and newer models
- UPPAbaby adapter for Maxi-Cosi, Nuna PIPA and Cybex
- Nuna PIPA adapter for Bugaboo Cameleon 3 strollers, 2015 and newer models
- Nuna PIPA adapter for BOB single strollers, 2016 and newer models
- Nuna PIPA car seat latch guides (a pair of latch guides are included with the car seat as well)
- Nuna PIPA:
- Shipping dimensions: 28.7 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 26.1"H x 25.1"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 21.4 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 7.9 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)
- Nuna PIPA Lite:
- Shipping dimensions: 28.8 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 22.5"H x 27.25"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 19.3 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 5.3 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)
- Nuna PIPA Lite LX:
- Shipping dimensions: 30.5 lbs., 28.7"H x 19.8"L x 18.3"W
- Open product dimensions: 22.5"H x 27.25"L x 17.5"W
- Complete weight with base: 19.7 lbs.
- Car seat carrier only weight: 5.7 lbs. (excludes canopy and infant insert)