2021 UPPAbaby Knox Convertible Car Seat
From baby to big kid, the UPPAbaby KNOX Convertible Car Seat is packed with intuitive safety features and easily adapts as children grow and their positioning needs change. This convertible seat provides a rear-facing and forwarding-facing solution that accommodates a growing baby and toddler and boasts a unique set of safety innovations and features that provide a more robust fit to vehicle. Among the many highlights::
- Koroyd® Technology – Developed from aerospace safety research, innovated for action sports, and now built into the base of the KNOX car seat – an exclusive partnership and juvenile industry first - Koroyd provides more advanced impact protection. The welded tube structure crumples instantly and consistently on impact, absorbing maximum force in a controlled manner to minimize energy transfer to the child.
- Multi-Directional Tether – An industry first, the Multi-Directional Tether reduces seat rotation and stress on the child's head and neck in the event of impact. When used in rear-facing mode, the Multi-Directional Tether reduces crash forces by 45%* (*Data based on crash tests conducted at independent labs in the United States.)
- SMARTSecure™ System – Safety you can see. This unique technology utilizes a tightness indicator and robust tensioning clips to provide a visual confirmation of correct install each and every time.
- Energy Response Technology – A family of features designed to protect and provide unparalleled side impact protection including:
- Active Support Headrest is heads above the rest. Utilizing the absorption and recovery properties of specialized foams, the Knox's headrest provides advanced side impact protection around the child's head and neck and adjusts to ensure correct positioning as your child grows.
- Side Impact Pods are a small feature that makes a big difference. Located on the side of the shell and always engaged, the pods absorb and deflect crash forces in the event of a side impact crash.
- Impact Dispersion Zone. EPP foam strategically placed between the inner and outer shell absorbs crash forces, further protecting the child.
- Recline Indicator – Labeling system provides clear instructions on what positions are acceptable for Rear-Facing and Forward-Facing mode.
- Two-Piece Fit Inlay – Inlay allows for flexibility and proper fit in the harness system, promoting optimum recline.
- Converts from rear-facing to forward-facing, growing with your child from 14 to 65 pounds
- SMARTSecure system includes visual indicators that turn from red to green to signal a safe installation
- Koroyd, a welded tube structure in the base of the seat, provides crash impact protection by crumpling on impact to absorb crash forces and reduce acceleration
- Multi-directional tether, used for both rear-facing and forward-facing installations, inhibits rotation of the seat in the event of a crash and reduces forces by 45 percent rear-facing
- EPP foam integrated into side impact pods and along seat shell absorbs forces in a collision
- Active Response Headrest uses the absorption and recovery properties of foam to protect your child's head and neck
- Color-coded seatbelt paths make installation easy to understand
- 8-position, no-rethread harness adjusts with headrest2-piece fit inlay provides options for a proper fit in the harness
- 4 recline positions offer recline range of 32 degrees
- Storage pockets keep harness buckles out of the way for convenient entry and exit
- Seat fabric is easily removable and machine-washable
- Bead levels and 4-position adjustable foot ensure that the car seat is level
- Infant insert usage: 14 to 25 pounds
- Rear-facing: 14 to 45 pounds (with fit inlay: 14 to 25 pounds); up to 49" in height
- Forward-facing: 25 to 65 pounds; up to 49" in height
- Dimensions: 23.8"L x 18.8"W x 27.4-32.5"H