UPPAbaby Mesa Max Infant Car Seat + Base
The UPPAbaby Mesa® Max infant car seat is UPPAbaby’s debut into a load-leg infant car seat, building on UPPAbaby’s long tradition of highly-functional and durable baby gear products. Read on to learn about the Mesa Max car seat features and comparison to the Mesa V2 model.
UPPAbaby Mesa Max Features:
The Mesa Max’s base is made with a load leg that sits against the floor of the car, limiting forward rotation in a frontal crash, and reducing the potential for head and neck injury. The load leg is designed with two installation indicators to assist in achieving an accurate load leg install. The base includes an anti-rebound panel for increased safety in rebound and rear-impact collisions. This combined load leg and anti-rebound panel design works to protect the child, reducing the potential for injury to the head and neck area during an accident. In certain use cases or specific cars where a load leg is not achievable, the load leg on the Mesa Max base is optional and can hide away during install.
Made with UPPAbaby’s SmartSecure® System, the Mesa Max car seat installs exceptionally easily and quickly. The SmartSecure® System is a unique technology using self-retracting LATCH connectors and red to green tightness indicators for fast and accurate car seat installation. The base of the Mesa Max is designed with bubble level indicators on both sides for leveling guidance during install, and also includes a four-position adjustable foot for easy leveling.
The Mesa Max offers an extra large UPF hideaway canopy, with 43% more canopy coverage over its predecessor Mesa model and substantially bigger than the Mesa V2’s canopy. The larger canopy will provide significantly more privacy and sun coverage for the child, and is a welcomed feature for this car seat. The canopy has been upgraded to expand and contract quietly without extra clicking noise, to help ease distractions for baby.
The Mesa Max continues UPPAbaby’s tradition of a no-rethread harness, with an even better headrest structure. With a larger headrest and infinitely adjustable headrest design, the Mesa Max provides improved side impact protection. The newly designed headrest adjustability provides a custom fit for baby with greater head containment. Combined with the larger headrest, the Mesa Max provides more side impact protection for baby, in comparison to Mesa and Mesa V2.
The Mesa Max is made with side ventilation built into the car seat carrier, increasing air flow in the car seat while the child is in the carrier. This is especially helpful on warmer days, providing more air flow and ventilation throughout the carrier.
The Mesa Max’s carry handle has a 4th rebound position for increased safety in rear-impact collisions when installing without the base. Use this feature for additional safety and peace of mind during a carrier (non-base) install.
An all-new robust infant insert is included with Mesa Max, made with a contoured design to optimize fit and body positioning of the infant. The infant insert may be used from 4-11 lbs. with the Mesa Max, longer than the original Mesa seat that was used to 8 lbs. The new insert will provide more comfortable and longer-lasting structure and support for baby.
The Mesa Max is made with European routing as part of its belt path when installing without the base. The European routing provides a more secure carrier-only (baseless) installation. When traveling away from home in a cab, rental car or airplane, parents look to install the car seat without the base (leaving the base at home) for ease and convenience, and the belt path allows you to do just that. The Mesa Max has a newly-designed belt path that is unique to this model, and is bigger than the belt path on the Mesa/Mesa V2 car seats.
Mesa Max is made with a more simplified one-crotch buckle position (as opposed to an adjustable buckle position), to reduce misuse and take the guesswork out of repositioning the crotch buckle later on. With a one-crotch buckle position design, parents no longer need to re-position the crotch buckle of the car seat.
Easy, effortless car seat base install with the Mesa Max’s stabilizing load leg, SmartSecure® system, and an auto-retracting LATCH design. These elements work together to make installation of the Mesa Max effective, quick and easy. Opening and closing the load leg is reasonably easy and intuitive. If you are instead installing the car seat base using the seat belt (as opposed to the LATCH design), the base has a built-in lock-off for a tight seat belt installation.
Mesa Max is made with fire-retardant chemical free fabrics, meaning, UPPAbaby does not add FR chemicals to the textile itself, or to the foam of the car seat, for any of the fabric options. The DualKnit fabrics are stitched together tightly to help achieve a naturally flame resistant fabric for the car seat. The Wool textile options of the Mesa Max are made with merino wool fabric that is naturally flame resistant. The wool is a healthier fabric that offers more breathability, wicking and temperature control.
The Mesa Max has achieved Greenguard® Gold Certification, which sets it apart from many infant car seats. The Greenguard Gold Certification means that the product has been rigorously tested, and it has been scientifically proven to have incredibly low chemical emissions, helping to provide better air quality when the child is in the car seat.
The carry handle of the Mesa Max has a stroller release button at the top, making placement of the car seat on and off the stroller quick and easy, and eliminating the need to physically bend down to remove the car seat from the stroller.
Storage pockets for harness buckles are conveniently located on both sides of the car seat’s carrier. Tucking the harness buckles into these storage pockets helps to place baby in the car seat with less fuss and more ease.
Quick and easy attachment to UPPAbaby strollers. The Mesa Max is directly compatible with the UPPAbaby Vista and Cruz strollers, and compatible with adapters with the Minu and Ridge strollers. With these UPPAbaby strollers, the Mesa Max becomes an all-in-one travel system from car to stroller to home.
The Mesa Max is made with removable and washable seat fabrics, creating much needed peace of mind for parents as you and Baby take on the road together. Washing the fabrics will give your car seat a clean, refreshed feel as needed.
The Mesa Max has a unique harness adjustability directly on the seat, instead of a separate harness adjustment button that is commonly found on car seats. This makes adjusting the harness easier, and also guards against crumbs potentially falling on/into the button.
Mesa Max Colors:
All colors of the Mesa Max, whether they are of the DualKnit Fabric or the Merino Wool, have no FR chemicals added to the fabric or to the foam. The Merino Wool options provide more natural breathability, wicking and temperature control. The Mesa Max fabrics are elegant and soft to the touch. The hardware on the car seat is nicely designed to complement the fabrics, with touch points being lighter or darker depending on the specific fabric tones. UPPAbaby is offering a nice mix of fashions in the Mesa Max, and there’s something for everyone!
- Anthony: white grey marl, with subtle light tones
- Jake: charcoal, a dark and sporty charcoal black option
- Noa: navy mélange, timeless and classy, for parents looking for a dark tone with some color
Merino Wool Fabrics:
- Greyson: charcoal mélange, stylishly dark and neutral
- Gregory: blue mélange, for parents looking for neutral tones with some color
Comparison of Mesa Max vs. Mesa V2 Infant Car Seats:
You may be asking, how do the Mesa Max and Mesa V2 car seats compare? Here’s a direct comparison of the two:
- The Mesa Max is made with a base that has a load leg as well as a rebound panel. Together, these two features of the load leg reduce the potential for head and neck injury, and increase safety for the child in a rebound and rear-impact collision.
- The Mesa Max has an extra large UPF hideaway canopy. While the Mesa V2’s canopy also provides UPF coverage and is increased in size over its predecessor model, the Mesa Max’s canopy is even larger. Compared to the original Mesa car seat, the Mesa V2’s canopy is 20% more; in the same comparison to the original Mesa car seat canopy, the Mesa Max’s canopy is 43% more.
- The Mesa Max car seat does not have FR chemicals added to the fabric or foam; the Mesa V2 does not have FR chemicals added to the fabric. Additionally, the Mesa Max offers wool-knit options (in the Greyson and Gregory colors) that are made with merino wool and provide better wicking, temperature control, and breathability.
- The Mesa Max is designed with additional ventilation on the sides of the carrier that provide more air flow to the baby while in the carrier.
- While both car seats are made with a no-rethread harness that adjusts with the headrest, the Mesa Max has an “infinite” adjustment design where you may simply press and lift the headrest upwards and set at the desired position. This also allows for a one-handed adjustability of the harness. With the Mesa V2, you’d pull the fabric tab just below the canopy with one hand, while moving the headrest up with another and setting at the desired pre-set positions.
- The Mesa Max’s wings on each side of the headrest come out further, providing even more side impact protection to baby’s head.
- The button to extend the harness on the Mesa Max is integrated into the seat more, and is less of a stand-alone button. This helps avoid getting crumbs around the button opening.
- The belt path for carrier-only install on the Mesa Max is designed a little bigger, and may double as a way to tuck the harness straps away when placing the baby into the car seat carrier.
The Mesa Max and Mesa V2 share these similar characteristics:
- Carrier weight 9.9 lbs.
- Infant insert 4-11 lbs. with improved infant body positioning
- No-rethread harness with new, larger headrest over prior Mesa models
- Carrier-only installation with European belt routing
- Both work with the same UPPAbaby strollers – with Vista and Cruz strollers directly, and with the Ridge and Minu strollers with adapters
- The carry handle has four positions for increased safety in rear-impact collisions
- UPPAbaby’s “UBExtend” Warranty – register your UPPAbaby Mesa V2 within 90 days of purchase date with a valid proof of purchase, and your free warranty automatically increases to the expiration date of the car seat, which is 7 years from manufacturer date. Enjoy the assurance of UPPAbaby’s warranty from defects.
- Infant insert suitable from 4-11 lbs.
- 1 Mesa Max Car Seat Base w/ Load Leg
- True weight: car seat carrier 9.9 lbs.
- Suitable 4-35 lbs. and up to 32” in height, whichever comes first
- For approximately 0-1 years
- Dimensions coming soon!