Nuna® PIPA™ Lite R Infant Car Seat + RELX base
The Nuna PIPA Lite R mixes a blend of safety, convenience and flexibility that is truly unmatched in the marketplace. Boasting the new 5.3-pound weight of the PIPA Lite infant car seat with the innovative Nuna RELX base, the Pipa Lite R provides new levels of adjustability that allow you to customize the fit of your car seat for both the needs of your baby and your vehicle.
The RELX base is easier to install in the safest middle seat position, thanks to the three-position load leg that can be shortened to fit a center seat hump, as well as an improved lockoff for seatbelt installation. A steel load leg minimizes forward rotation by as much as 90%, while an anti-rebound panel reduces rearward motion. Steel-reinforced rigid LATCH connectors extend to four positions, creating a tighter fit against your vehicle seat while aiding installation in a wider variety of cars. In addition, the RELX base features four recline positions, allowing your baby to sit in a more upright position that adds comfort as she grows.
Like the PIPA Lite, the PIPA Lite R weighs just 5.3 pounds—making it 2.6 pounds lighter than the original PIPA and lighter than any other car seat in the world. Despite its weight, the PIPA Lite doesn't skimp on safety, made with a first-of-its-kind flexible foam that compresses to absorb forces in a crash.
The PIPA Lite R does not include the Sky Drape magnetic cover for good reason (it's intended to be as light as possible, and everything adds weight!). The PIPA Lite R cannot be installed without the base for taxis or travel (as is the case with the Nuna PIPA RX, which can be installed without the base using the car seat's belt path).
Care Seat Features:
- Made with aerospace aluminum, along with lightweight Aeroflex foam that can absorb and diffuse energy away from baby in a crash
- Load leg in steel-reinforced base attaches to floor of car to reduce rotation during impact by up to 90 percent, with crumple zone that absorbs impact and minimizes force to baby
- Rigid (metal) LATCH connectors on base are 50 percent stronger than a typical belt LATCH
- Flame-resistant materials, contains no added fire retardant chemicals to fabric
- Side-impact protection
- Patented memory foam headrest provides custom support as baby grows
- Two-step, five-second install, with indicators that turn green to signal a correct installation
- Made of comfortable micro-knit fabric, with a removable organic cotton infant insert
- Removable UPF 50+ canopy with flip-out eyeshade
- Compatible with strollers from Nuna and many other brands
- Integrated harness holders help you buckle in baby with ease
- Leather-look carry handle adds luxury and comfort
- FAA-certified for airplanes with base