- In Stock & Ships Free, Same Day
- 5-Star Yelp and A+ BBB Rating
- Authorized UPPAbaby Retailer + Warranty
UPPAbaby Minu V2 Stroller
The UPPAbaby Minu V2 Stroller has been redesigned with exciting changes over what feels like almost every inch of its predecessor Minu model, including improvements to the Minu stroller’s fold, stroller seat, basket, canopy and more. The new line also sports some colorful options like “Charlotte” (blue tones) and “Emelia” (green tones) in addition to a nice variety of neutral grey/black options - Greyson, Stella and Jake. The design changes are welcoming and will surely make the V2 a travel stroller of choice for many families! Read on to see how the Minu v2 has changed.
Perhaps the most significant improvement in the Minu V2 is an easier fold/unfold due to the re-design of the stroller's fold latch. A new spring-loaded fold latch has been integrated onto the Minu V2's stroller frame, essentially making the fold catch and release more easily. This is a welcomed change and in comparison to the original Minu stroller, the Minu V2 folds naturally and with more ease.
The included Bumper Bar is a nice addition to the Minu V2, durably made of 100% genuine leather. The bumper bar is thoughtfully paired with one of five Minu colors, in saddle, chestnut and black colors that best match the stroller fabric. The bumper is an essential accessory for a lightweight travel stroller like the Minu, and we’re excited that it comes included with this new model.
The canopy has been improved wildly. UPPAbaby has retired the old silver pop-out sunshade of the original Minu model to a zip-out extendable and much larger canopy on the Minu v2. This new canopy provides more coverage for baby, and stylistically makes for a much more cohesive look for the overall stroller. This change was initially made in UPPAbaby’s Vista and Cruz v2 models, and has become an UPPAbaby customer favorite. If you are transitioning from a Vista V2 or Cruz V2 stroller to the lighter weight Minu V2, now you get to keep your canopy :)
The harness system has been upgraded from a manual re-thread harness to a no-rethread pull up/pull down harness for quick and easy adjustments. Both models, the Minu and the Minu V2, have a 5-point harness. This redesign simply makes it much easier to adjust with your growing toddler and gives you more flexible harness height adjustment options.
The basket on the Minu has been made deeper for improved security. The basket accomodates can handle up to 20 lbs. (or 9 kilograms) and the deeper design essentially helps to keep your goodies tucked inside the basket more securely. We especially like the wider, more easy-access basket design on the Minu V2, in comparison to the more constricted basket on most other lightweight travel strollers available out there.
The leg rest is now adjustable on the Minu V2 stroller! Whereas the old model had a fixed leg rest, you can now adjust the leg rest up or down depending on your child’s mood or activity. If the child is resting in the reclined stroller position, the leg rest adjusted to the higher position makes for a more comfortable ride.
The Minu V2 is Minu Piggyback compatible. You heard it correctly, or should we say, UPPAbaby heard us all! The Minu Piggyback is compatible with the Minu V2 stroller, giving growing families an option for the older child to ride along too. The Minu Piggyback is expected to launch this year!
Like the Minu, the Minu V2 is also compatible with a birth solution but this is wildly improved in the Minu V2. Now you can integrate the UPPAbaby Bassinet onto the Minu V2, with new UPPAbaby Minu V2 Adapters that work with both the UPPAbaby Mesa Car Seat as well as the UPPAbaby Bassinet! This allows you to use the UPPAbaby Bassinet on the Minu V2, allowing a lay-flat position for baby for a longer period of time. As a bonus, if you are an “UPPAbaby” family and you started with the Vista V2 or Cruz V2 w/ Bassinet for one child, the ability to use the Minu V2 with Bassinet allows you to sort of mix and match your pieces within the UPPAbaby family of products.
The Minu V2, like the original Minu stroller, has an integrated carry handle, as well as a shoulder strap that helps with carrying the stroller hands-free. Mommy and Daddy hands have a lot to carry, and this shoulder strap can be handy especially on trips and in airports.
The Minu V2 has all-wheel suspension which really sets this stroller apart from many (emphasis on many) lightweight strollers. The suspension design, along with its widely-sitting wheel base, create a smoother and more comfortable ride for both the child and parent.
With a significant amount of functional improvements in the Minu V2, the stroller’s new weight is 16.9 lbs. (7.7 kg) due to the included bumper bar, larger canopy coverage, adjustable footrest, and improved seat pan. This still makes the Minu V2 the lightest stroller in the UPPAbaby line that can handle a car seat or bassinet, by quite a wide margin.
UPPAbaby Minu V2 Colors:
Also changing are the colors and overall style of the stroller. The Bumper Bar noticeably elevates the look of this stroller, and compliments the new colors nicely. Here are all five colors in the Minu V2 line:
- Charlotte: Coastal Blue Melange with Carbon Frame + Saddle Leather
- Emelia: Sage Melange with Silver Frame + Chestnut Leather
- Greyson: Charcoal Melange with Carbon Frame + Saddle Leather
- Stella: Grey Melange with Silver Frame + Chestnut Leather
- Jake: Charcoal with Carbon Frame + Black Leather
Whereas Saddle is a warmer leather, Chestnut has the look of a dark and elegant leather. We’re pleased to see two very distinct Grey options, essentially – Greyson and Stella – one with a Silver Frame, and one with the Carbon frame. The more colorful options in Charlotte and Emelia are especially fun for vacations, given that the Minu is a popular travel stroller.
- Minu Stroller Including:
- Stroller frame with sewn-on leather handlebar
- Detachable leather bumper bar
- Removable and washable stroller fabrics
- Built-in UPF 50+ Extendable Sunshade Canopy
- Integrated carry handle, and shoulder strap for hands-free carry mode
- 3 YEAR "UBXTEND" Warranty – register your stroller with UPPAbaby within 90 days of purchase date with a valid proof of purchase, and your free warranty automatically increases to 3 years, which is a rather longer warranty period as far as baby gear goes. With this, your UPPAbaby stroller is warranted to be free from any manufacturing defects for up to 3 years from date of purchase.
- Stroller Seat is suitable from 3 months and up to 50 lbs.
- Compatible with adapters with UPPAbaby Mesa Car Seat, UPPAbaby Bassinet; and Maxi-Cosi, Nuna and Cybex car seats (adapters sold separately)
- Folded dimensions: 12"L X 20.25"W X 23"H
- Open stroller dimensions: 35.5"L X 20.25"W X 41"H (11.5"L without bumper bar)
- Weight is "true weight" and including canopy, bumper bar and the complete stroller: 16.9 lbs. (7.7 kg)
- Basket can hold up to 20 lb. (9 kg)
- Toddler Seat Dimensions: Seat back height 18 in. (42.7 cm), Seat width 13.2 in. (33.5 cm), 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- The Minu V2 is not compatible with the original Minu From Birth Kit, or with the neoprene Minu Bumper Bar (both sold separately). It's really designed for use with its own included leather Bumper Bar.